Monday 30 April 2012

Cambridge Wind Band - First Concert



After rehearsing together for only 4 months, Cambridge Wind Band have our first concert in May, at St Giles Church, Cambridge.

As much as I love ska, there's nothing to compete with the colours and textures created by a wind band. It will always create a special shiver down my spine.

The programme is quite open and available, something for the Symphonic Wind geeks and curious passing tourists alike. I'll be somewhere near the back, on bari sax.

With a running theme of 'Music from the Movies', the programme will feature music by Paul Hart, John Williams and Leonard Bernstein.

As most of my gigs involve late nights and bars, this will be a great opportunity for my younger students to check out what I do when I'm not teaching, and to see where all the scales and rhythm tree clapping can lead to! Tickets are £7 for adults and £3 for children, it would be great to get a big crowd in for our first concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment